Sunday, May 26, 2013

San Antonio Wedding

Last weekend we flew to San Antonio to join in the celebration of my brother-in-law's wedding.  The wedding wasn't until Monday the 20th, but Chris arrived on Thursday to help out and I arrived just before the rehearsal dinner on Saturday, where I met the bride for the first time. We were so glad we could be a part of it and spend some time with my husband's family.

I played the lazy card for much of the weekend, spending time playing with my nieces and catching up with my sisters-in-law who were overseas. Everyone was home for the wedding which was really special. It was probably the most relaxing a family wedding could be for me . . . when my sisters were getting married there was not a moment to sit down much less take a nap!

 

It was an outdoor wedding at a vineyard/restaurant and the weather was just perfect. A little breezy but warm and once the sun started to go down it was really beautiful. The reception and dance were inside a nearby tent; the tables beautifully decorated with linens and wild flowers.




I wasn't really a part of the wedding so I just snapped photos the whole time, which is really my favorite thing to do. Above is Chris and his brother Brad before the ceremony. I had to make sure we got one of the brothers!


And the siblings! They were debating what to do for their "silly" picture for the photographer. Love the collaboration! 

Baby B had to make an appearance too! 



There was plenty of time before the ceremony to take some snapshots of Chris with his family, above is him with our niece Amelia and below is her younger sister Samantha.



And Grandma!

When the wedding got underway, I found myself near the front which gave opportunity for some nice shots of the groom while he waited for his lovely bride. 




Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Babiak!




The cake was absolutely delicious and I mention that because Chris's sister made it!! She did a fantastic job - especially considering the Texas heat!

The dance was a lot of fun too. I didn't get to see much of the dance floor since my groomsman-husband was detained with wedding duties, but I did enjoy seeing the bride and groom enjoy themselves!



It was a beautiful weekend and a wonderful time with family. It was fun to welcome another sister-in-law to the family (I'm not the only one anymore!) and we even share the same name! Yes, that's right, there are now two Emily (she spells it Emilee) Babiaks!  Hopefully this won't cause too much confusion at the next family function!

No comments: